• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Blazing

Blazing

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 07:19 PM

Been doing some research the past little while and was just curious on peoples options for doubler kits. looking at either the NWF or the ORD? Any experience anyone had with either? good ? bad? Or any other options i could go with? Lets hear what you have to say! Thanks everyone!

#2 CTD NUT

CTD NUT

Wheeler

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 630 posts
  • Interests:Getting it, bringing it, building it, breaking it, heavy freaking metal.

Posted 15 March 2012 - 08:53 AM

Assume you are referring to a 203/205 doubler? I have been running a Gen 2 ORD doubler for years with no issues. That said, if I was buying one today, I'd go with the NWF kit...it didn't exist when I bought mine. On the NWF, you can clock the 205 however you want and it isn't really any longer than the ORD. As well, consider what you are doing about shifters, they can get pricey fast. I made my own because there wasn't anything available when I put my doubler in. And if you are going to use a GM 205, consider swapping in the 32 spline front output. You can buy them from NWF and ORD or you can pillage one from a Ford 205. The GM front output is way undersized compared to the rest of the doubler assembly and not up to par for doubler duty.

Don't waste your time with anything other than a 32 spline TH400 205. ORD quit making the 27 spline TH350 205 Doubler years ago because the 27 spline input was breaking when used with a doubler. I see NWF still offers smaller spud/output shafts for the 203 to 205....I'd highly recommend you stay away from them.

Also, there are a couple companies building 241/205 doublers. I rather like this idea as you can save some weight and get the 2.72 low range instead of the 2.0 203 low range. They seem to be holding up really well and don't cost anymore money.
'80 CJ7 - Fool Injected 454, ProFlo MPFI, w/ a l'il lovin' and a sprinkle of kookoo juice, 1 tonned, linked, locked, King CO'd, bagged, tubed, Doublered, Boggered, Hydro'd, 111" WB...

"Simple, yet functional....like a Sledgehammer"

A Member of:
New Frontier 4WD Club
                        OF4WD
            Diesel Truck Resource
- Ontario Chapter President ONDTR #39

"Madness takes its toll......Please have exact change ready"

#3 Blazing

Blazing

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 09:57 AM

RIght sorry i thought i meanted 203/205. Okay well that some input i was looking for. Anyone tried the 241/205 yet ?

Thanks again!

#4 CTD NUT

CTD NUT

Wheeler

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 630 posts
  • Interests:Getting it, bringing it, building it, breaking it, heavy freaking metal.

Posted 16 March 2012 - 09:42 AM

You'd have to do a search on Pirate. There were a few guys in various vehicle sub forums and in gen 4x4 doing them. You should find some decent user feedback there for sure.
'80 CJ7 - Fool Injected 454, ProFlo MPFI, w/ a l'il lovin' and a sprinkle of kookoo juice, 1 tonned, linked, locked, King CO'd, bagged, tubed, Doublered, Boggered, Hydro'd, 111" WB...

"Simple, yet functional....like a Sledgehammer"

A Member of:
New Frontier 4WD Club
                        OF4WD
            Diesel Truck Resource
- Ontario Chapter President ONDTR #39

"Madness takes its toll......Please have exact change ready"

#5 PROPANEZUK

PROPANEZUK

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 98 posts
  • Interests:new truggy " works nice"

Posted 19 March 2012 - 06:03 PM

I used Jeds Machining for my doubler stuff, only downfall is you need to know how you want it clocked, its a bullet steel adapter and VERY well built, the output shaft is very well built as well, kit comes with all the bolts, gaskets that you need and price is good too, very happy with the quality. I built my own tripple stick shifters, wasn't a big deal.

#6 Blazing

Blazing

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 04:57 PM

Sweet thanks for the input! I plan on making my shifters as well.

#7 mr.mindless

mr.mindless

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 01:23 PM

My doubler is also a Jed's Machining steel version. He clocked it the way I wanted it for my divorced 203 setup, was great to work with.

I think I got one of the last steel versions, he was moving to aluminum at the time (3ish years ago?)...
Michael Maskalans
Codriver Game Day Racing #571 (RCQ '10 14th)

98 Dakota on 42s; then | now | build
97 Ram 3500 - 24v, 13sp, 19.5s

Fingerlakes 4x4 | Right Coast 4x4 | Rock Modified | Rok-Freekz

#8 PROPANEZUK

PROPANEZUK

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 98 posts
  • Interests:new truggy " works nice"

Posted 23 March 2012 - 09:37 PM

Jeds still using steel, i got mine last summer and he clocked it by my specs as well, great service and quick too!

#9 mr.mindless

mr.mindless

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 10:51 AM

I'm glad to hear there's still a steel version in production.
Michael Maskalans
Codriver Game Day Racing #571 (RCQ '10 14th)

98 Dakota on 42s; then | now | build
97 Ram 3500 - 24v, 13sp, 19.5s

Fingerlakes 4x4 | Right Coast 4x4 | Rock Modified | Rok-Freekz

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users